Thứ Ba, 15 tháng 2, 2011

Recycling paper:Green Holiday Craft


paper globe garland green craft
There are a bazillion fun holiday crafts out there online!  Have you seen them all?  I've been collecting a bunch of ideas on my Pinterest page.  As I complete them, and a fewsome I've dreamed up on my own, I'll share them here.

The first one is a great way to use re-purpose last year's holiday cards.  It's good for the environment, and pretty kid friendly!

paper globe garland with xmas cards tutorial
Gather up your cards.

paper globe garland tutorial
Punch circles out of them.  I used Martha Stewart's 1 inch scallop punch.

paper globe garland tutorial
Next, fold them all in half, with right sides facing.  A bone folder helps here to flatten the fold, but is not necessary; you could also use the end of a spoon, or just not bother with that part.  If your arthritis is hurting (!) then hope that your friends sent cheap cards printed on thin paper.  But I suppose if you have little children in the house, you don't have arthritis yet, do you?  The Universe is kind, just one pain at a time;)

paper globe garland tutorial
Next, glue the backs of the circles together.  As you can see, I used YES!  paste.  For kids, or those like myself that can't stand to get their fingers dirty, a glue stick would be wonderful.  Yeah, that's right!  I'm an artist that doesn't like dirty hands.  We've discussed this before; that's why I like to crochet;)

paper globe garland tutorial
I decided five was a good number of circles to glue together, but you could use six or seven or what ever you want really.  Now let these dry awhile.

paper globe garland tutorial
Next use a large needle and thread the globes onto string; I used crochet thread.  The glue gets a little tough in the middle.  I actually ended up bending this needle, so then I went and got a huge honking needle and it didn't bend.  It helps to tie a knot in the thread after each globe.  Space them as you desire.

paper globe garland green craft
And ta-da!!  Now go hang them up someplace pretty.
bobbilewin.blogspot.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét